viernes, 9 de octubre de 2009

Sports and Excercises

I like sports very much, both to practice and to watch them. Although I particullarly enjoy soccer and athletics in all it's variations. I admire athletics because I think it has an heroic and a dignifying quality, specially for those who run the Long Distance Events, which are the events over the 3000 meters mark, I think they are very admirable. Here I admire very much the ethiopian runner Kenenisa Bekele, member of the glorious ethiopian team of distance runners and actual holder of both the World and the Olympic record for the 10000. And of course in soccer I admire and I’m keen of that which is indisputably the most succesfull institution of the world (including schools, hospitals or States): Colo-colo team, which has never lost not even a martch! Anyhow, I only use to play soccer and not athletics. Right now I'm also doing Yoga at the University, because it's a requirement of my career to take at least two sports courses. So I’m a moderated sports fanatic and not so much of a fitness freak.

I really don’t know if any sport should be banned, I think that as long as it be practiced between consenting people I don’t see any problem with it. Maybe to involve animals in violent games is a different thing, but I’m not so sure about the status of animal suffering with regard to the making of ethical decisions. But yes I’m sure this is a subject which involves many areas besides sports, like the consumption of animal meat, the use of their skins for the making of clothes, the experimentation with animals as subjects, etc.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi, I like sports me too because it's develops physical and social skills. Good bye!

    ResponderEliminar